A private trader is easy and simple
A private trader is often the most suitable form of enterprise for a fresh entrepreneur with a maximum turnover of up to a few tens of thousands euros. A private trader can later be changed into a limited liability company if the business grows.
Complete a start-up notification for your private trader through the YTJ online service at www.ytj.fi. If you complete the notification online, you must also makea a separate notification to the Tax Administration register either through the MyTax service or by using YTJ’s notification of changes. Once the company is registered, the Tax Administration will send you instructions on how to file and pay taxes.
You should register your private trader at the Trade Register if
- you operate in a licensed trade
- you operate in permanent premises that are separate from your home
- you employ other people than your spouse, or a minor child or grandchild
- you wish to have an exclusive right to your company name
- you are applying for an enterprise mortgage, meaning that you are pledging movable property belonging to the enterprise as security.
There is a fee for registering at the Trade Register. The fee for an online notification is €60, and for a printed notification €115 (year 2020).
Additional information regarding the registration of a private trader at YTJ’s website.