Young entrepreneurs must also be
careful with their finances
• A child can have their own bank account; confirm your chosen bank’s practices.
• With the consent of their guardians, a 10-year-old can be given a Visa Electron card linked to their account.
• A minor can be given an online banking account, which requires a bank account.
• If a minor wishes to use the services on their own, they need a written or electronic power of attorney from their guardians.
• Read about cash handling (op.fi)
• Bank accounts, children and young people (op.fi)
• Banking for minors in Finnish (op.fi)
• Make sure you also read the Taloustaito article on banking for children in Finnish